Blogger Layouts


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dr apt today!! and Birth Plan!

so my dr appt today went really well =D ellie is in fact head down as i suspected, shes doing great, ive gained a total of 28 lbs which my dr said is really good and mainly water retention I passed my diabetes glucose test with a 124 (they try to keep it under 140) dr said i get another sono at 38ish weeks =D i wish it was more like 35 but oh well
also went over my birth plan and she said they already do most of what was on it anyways so im sooo excited and feel so much more comfortable!'


here is my birth plan for anyone who is curious =) my dr said its all very reasonable things and nothing too crazy, i was afraid shed think i was being too demanding and un open to any interventions, which i REALLY dont want any medical interventions but im prepared if i end up needing any because things do happen and God made drs for a reason =)



Birth Plan for Cassandra Bailey & Baby
I am due on July 2nd 2011. This will be my first labor/delivery.  Thank you for being an active participant in this wonderful occasion!

Support and Labor Coach: My husband, Josh.

Labor
- No IV port put in unless deemed necessary by my doctor.
- No IV for fluid unless absolutely necessary.

Pain Medication
- Do not offer any pain medications unless deemed necessary by my doctor.
- Appreciate being assigned a nurse who would support us in natural child birthing.

Monitoring
-No continuous fetal monitoring or internal monitoring unless it is required by my doctor.

Labor Augmentation/Induction
Even if I am fully dilated, and assuming the baby is not in distress, I would like to try to wait until I feel the urge to push before beginning the pushing phase.
- If there’s failure to progress, I would like to thoroughly exhaust all natural methods of labor stimulation (walking, nipple stimulation, breast pump, hot shower, etc.) before having pitocin administered.
- I don’t want my membranes ruptured unless fairly progressed (at least 5-6cm), & then after consent by Josh  and/or myself.

Episiotomy
- Please coach on when to push & when to stop pushing so my perineum can stretch slowly to avoid tearing.
- I am hoping to protect the perineum. I am practicing ahead of time by doing squatting & Kegel exercises.
- If possible, I would like to use perineal massage to help avoid the need for an episiotomy.
- Episiotomy only if absolutely necessary for the health of the baby & only after consent by Josh and/or myself.

Delivery
- Appreciate use of a mirror so I can see the baby's head when it crowns.
- We would like Josh (husband/Dad) to help catch the baby.

Cesarean
- If Cesarean delivery is indicated, we want to be fully informed as to why and, if there is time, we would like to participate in the decision making process.
- Please get consent from my husband and/or I before administering any/all pre- and post-op meds.
- I would like my husband to be present at all times.
- If baby is not in distress, he/she should be given to my husband immediately after cesarean birth.

Immediately After Birth
- I do not want routine pitocin or misoprostal administered.
- Prefer that the umbilical cord stop pulsating before cut.
- My husband would like to cut the cord when it is time.
- Breastfeeding immediately after delivery.
- Hold the baby while I deliver the placenta and any tissue repairs are made.
- Baby bathed in my presence.
- Evaluation of the baby can be done with the baby on my abdomen, unless there is an unusual situation.
- I do not want the baby to be given the Hepatitis B shot

Postpartum
- No pacifier or a bottle given without my consent.
- Appreciate the earliest discharge possible – preferably within 24 hrs of delivery.

Medical Problems with the Baby
- I plan on breastfeeding my baby and would like to pump if breastfeeding is not possible due to medical difficulties.
- Should the baby need to be separated from me for any reason, my husband will accompany the baby at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment