Blogger Layouts


Monday, July 25, 2011

SHE LATCHED

Saturday july 16th we went to a prayer meeting at our church and of course i had the stupid nipple shield in my bag because she was stillll not nursing without it!! well we get home that night and as always ellie is hungry, i reach into my diaper bag and guess what WASNT in there?!?! that friggen nipple shield...i PANICKED!! I picked ellie up and put her to my boob and she tried soo hard to latch but was just upsetting herself more and more because she wasnt used to no nipple shield which in turn upset me and i cried and just broke down because there was no way to get it in the middle of the night. Josh calmed me down and took her and calmed her down and we tried again, she sucked a little then whined sucked a little then whined never fully latching and it was breaking my heart that my poor baby was starving but she finally just fell asleep on my boob...2 hours later she wakes up hungry again so we try again and the whole process all over again she starts screaming and this went on all night long having to calm her down and try over and over but this time i pumped so when we were done trying i gave her a bottle just so she wouldnt starve and finally at 7 in the morning she latched!! and ate for a looong time, through out the next day it was still a little hard to get her to latch but she was doing better and better and now i can breastfeed ANYWHERE without the shield...im not sure why but she still has trouble latching on the right side and wont eat a lot from that side and ever since we quit the nipple shield i feel like she eats less, maybe because she isnt pacifying herslef as much i dont know but she is gaining weight still so i guess at her 2 month check up well see what the dr says

so we skipped right over weening her and just quit cold turkey...hardest night of my life but sooo worth it now

No comments:

Post a Comment