Blogger Layouts


Monday, July 25, 2011

Mastitis

Soo last Monday the 18th i went to bed with my boob slightly hurting, i thought maybe ellie needed to eat and they were just full but i wasnt engorged or anything. The next morning i woke up feeling like I had the flu, my whole body ached, and I had a temp of 101 and a red painful spot on my left boob and sure enough was the very beginning of mastitis. I went to the dr that day at 2 and she put me on antibiotics which i will say i only took for 3 days rather than the 7...yes i know they say take the full dose so it doesnt come back, well it gave ellie really bad diarrhea and my dr said it was just the start, i wasnt in excrusiating pain and the clogged milk duct wasnt too clogged yet so hopefully i took enough because as it is ellies been eating less (in my opinion) i dont want her dehydrated. I could have gotten the clogged duct from her eating less that night we cold turkey stopped the nipple shield or from the 2 sizes too small bra i wore the day before who knows but it SUCKED so hopefully it doesnt come back and if it does i have the antibiotics ready =) Good news, ellie went to the mall, church and store, out alll day and she did sooo well I was soo excited

No comments:

Post a Comment